Learn how to create a manager in FIFA 22 Career Mode and start your career as a manager.
Select MANAGER CAREER
To commence your career in FIFA 22 as a manager, you need to choose MANAGER CAREER when starting a new career.
Select a Manager
After selecting MANAGER CAREER, you will be asked to select a manager (avatar) and continue to edit and customize your manager character (avatar). This customization includes the following steps and options:
Personal information regarding your manager – Take note that you will NOT be able to change this information later:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Nationality / Region – Country name
Here you can edit your player’s head type, appearance and features, including:
- Face – Face types & shapes
- Tone & Complexion – Head and face skin tones
- Eyes – Eyes types, colours, shapes, position, separation, protrusion & rotation
- Brows – Eyebrows types, colours, shapes, position, separation, protrusion & rotation
- Nose – Nose types, colours, shapes, position, separation, protrusion & rotation
- Mouth – Mouth types incl. mouth size, position & protrusion
- Cheeks & Jaws – Cheeks & Jaws position & fullness
- Chin – Chin size, protrusion & fullness
- Ears – Ears size, earlobe, protrusion, helix & pitch
- Hair – Hair colour & types (short, medium, long & accessorized)
- Facial Hair – Facial hair types & colour (moustache, beard & etc.)
Data regarding your manager clothes:
- Inner Top – Choose a clothing worn by your manage underneath their top clothing.
- Outer Top – Choose a clothing worn by your manage above their inner clothing.
- Outer Bottom – Choose a trouser.
- Outfit Accessory – Accessory item for your manage outfit.
- Socks – Socks types/colours.
- Shoes – shoes types/colours.
When you finished customising, save and advance by pressing Options/Menu button. Then you need to select your club type:
You can choose to manage an existing club from FIFA 22 clubs database which are coming from the real-life clubs. You can see the club’s brief information and history, including their transfer budget and club worth which could be important for you as a manager.
Don’t forget to go through the board expectations as this could affect your career if you cannot fulfil them. For example, the domestic & continental success are expected critically in a club like FC Barcelona, so managing such as club could be tough while their financial resources are low.
After choosing your authentic club, you need to customize your career settings for the following matters:
- Match Difficulty – Beginner, Amateur, Semi-Pro, Professional, World Class, Legendary or Ultimate
- Half Length – 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 15 or 20 Mins
- Currency – Sterling, US Dollars or Euros
- European Competitions – Enable/Disable (UCL, UEL and UECL)
- Transfer Window – Enable/Disable (First summer Transfer Window)
- International Offers – Enable/Disable (Job offers for national football teams)
- Negotiation Strictness – Strict/Loose (Set the club and player strictness to negotiate transfers).
- Financial Takeover – Enable/Disable (Receive an influx of clash at the beginning of your career).
Create Your Club
If you choose to create your own club, you are required to enter your club details as follows:
- Club Info – Name, Nickname, Short name and Abbreviation.
- Replace Team – A team from real world that will be replaced with your club.
- Rival Team – You need to select a rival team to your club.
- Kit, Crest and Stadium – Kit & crest of your club must be customized and cannot be taken from FIFA 22 clubs, but your stadium needs to be selected from FIFA 22 stadiums list – You can customize your stadium’s stands, pitch and atmosphere.
- Your Squad – You need to edit your team rating, age, transfer budget, board expectations etc.
- Career Settings – Settings such as match difficulty, half length, currency etc.
When all set, you need to save your progress and carry on. Then you will officially become the manager of your selected club. Next, you will receive some pre-season tournament invites to play some friendly matches and potentially won prize money which could help you to increase your transfer budget for future. This invitation can be skipped, by this could be a good opportunity for you as a manager to get to know all your players, experiment with different tactics and get your team ready for the actual season.
You can select a tournament and see which teams you will face on, the tournament difficulty and how much of prize money you could receive by winning the tournament title.
Start Your Job
You can now start your job and manage your club. In the main screen of FIFA 22 Career Mode, you can see tabs and options to manage your club and play the game. These are the options and their functionalities: