The Tournament mode in FIFA 22 allows you to play single player tournaments of the real countries such as FA Cup, Premier League, FA Cup, Bundesliga, DFB-Pokal and LaLiga, Uefa Champions League, Libertadores & Women’s International Cup and to create your own custom tournaments.
How to Play the Tournament Mode
The Tournament Mode (known as Tournaments) is available in FIFA 22 under the PLAY > QUICKPLAY MODES screen. After selecting this mode you will see the options you can choose to play this mode:
- New Tournament – Start a new country’s tournament (real life tournament)
- Custom Tournament – Start a new customised tournament
- UEFA Champions League – UEFA Champions League 2021-2022 Tournament (Customisable)
- CONMEBOL Libertadores – CONMEBOL Libertadores tournament 2021-2022 (Customisable)
- Women’s Int’l Cup – Customised Women’s international cup tournament
- Playstation / Xbox Tournaments – Official FIFA 22 online tournaments (1v1 matches)
FIFA 22 Tournament Mode contains over 60 tournaments from 28 countries. Below is the complete list of these tournaments:
In FIFA 22 you also can create your own custom tournament. Here are the types of tournaments you can choose yo create your own tournament.
- League (Maximum number of teams: 24)
- Knockout (Maximum number of teams: 64)
- Group and Knockout (Maximum number of teams: 64)
After selecting your tournament type, you need to select your tournament’s teams. Then, you can already start playing your custom made tournament.
UEFA Champions League
This option will allow you set up a UEFA Champions League tournament with 32 clubs from the real-life UEFA Champions League 2021-2022 season, but you can replace any of these team with any available European clubs from FIFA 22 teams.
To set up an UCL tournament, select this tournament type, choose your team(s), then start playing. UCL tournament starts from the Group Stage phase.
Select this mode if you would like to play the Copa Libertadores de América. There are 32 teams in this tournament, all replaceable with any available club from CONMEBOL, Argentina or Brazil.
Select your team(s) and start playing CONMEBOL Libertadores in FIFA 22.
Women’s International Cup
You can play a women’s Group & Knockout tournament (similar to FIFA Women’s World Cup) in this tournament mode. There are 16 teams to select from and they will be placed in four groups. First, select your team(s) from the list:
- China RP
- New Zealand
- United States
Then rearrange or confirm the groups and start playing.
This option will allow you to apply and play the available official 1v1 online matches organised by EA or your consoles developers. These tournaments usually are organised locally or globally and come with prizes.
Take note that these tournaments are online matches and you will be playing against other FIFA users.