The Online Tournament mode in FIFA 23 World Cup allows you to play as any of the 32 qualified nations through the Knockout Stages as you compete for FIFA World Cup glory against other players from around the world.
This tournament mode in FIFA World Cup follows the structure of the FIFA 23 Online Seasons mode.
How to Play Online Tournament
To play the Online Tournament in FIFA 23 World Cup 2022 mode, select the ONLINE TOURNAMENT. Next, you will have the following options:
Select this option to play a match against other online users. Your tournament starts at the round of 16 knockout stage. A win will make you go to the next stage, while a loss will eliminate you from the tournament. Then, you need to select a nation as your team.
- SEARCH – Search for an online opponent to play a match.
- CHANGE KIT – Select your team’s kit.
- MATCHMAKING SETTINGS – Modify and set your matchmaking settings by the Controls (Any / Manual), Team Quality Matching (Limited Expand / Restrictive) and Guest (Any / Match Mine).
- CONTROLLER SETTINGS – Edit your controller settings.
- TEAM MANAGEMENT – Edit your team management settings including formation, tactics, game plans and etc.
The Tournament Tree shows the progress/result of your current tournament.
Your tournament’s history and statistics.