EA have revamped the penalty mechanism in FIFA 21. The new penalty system is simpler to perform but more advanced in practice. Below is a guide to follow for scoring penalties in FIFA 21.
- Your Best Taker – Select your penalty taker when you get a penalty kick. To do so, hold R2/RT, then select a player with a high penalties (PEN).
- Aiming – There is a new aiming mechanism in FIFA 21. A reticle on screen will help you to aim your target more accurately. This reticle is not stable, which means you have to stabilising it by holding the Left Stick into the position you want your shot finish up with.
- Powering Up – Shot power now determines by the length you hold the shot button. The longer you hold the shot button, the wider the power circle around the reticle spreads. This means the ball will go higher when the power is more.
- Spinning – After setting your shot power, and during the run up before contact, you can apply spin to it. To do so, you need to use the Right stick. apply different spins, you need to perform gestures using the Right-Stick as displayed below. The speed and accuracy of the gesture will determine how much spin is added to the ball. To do top spin, move the R stick from down to up, to do side spin, swing the R stick through the side (left/right). For time finishing attempt, you need to press the shot button for the second time – after you set your spin, to learn more read the timing details below.
- Timing – You can also use the Timed Finishing mechanic in the new penalty system, allowing you to press the shot button right at the moment of the contact of the shot.
- Finessed and Lobbed – To do a finesse shot, hold R1/RB and hit the shot button. For lob shots, hold L1/LB and press shot button.
More information on FIFA Ultimate Team can be found at www.fifplay.com/fut-21.