Seasons mode in FIFA 22 allows you to compete against other players online in a divisional mode, advance to higher divisions, and win your division’s title. Cup Matches, a multiplayer play-off tournament mode, is also included in this online mode.
What is FIFA 22 Season Mode
FIFA 22 Season mode is an online divisional game mode in FIFA 22 which allows you to play with your favourite club against other online users within your division and earn points to go promote to higher division and win the title.
In FIFA 22, the Online Seasons game mode provides rated online matches. As you play through 10 games per season, try to earn enough points to avoid relegation and gain promotion to the next division — or even win the division title. Higher divisions bring stronger competition and promotion requirements, so get ready for more tough matches.
How to Play FIFA 22 Seasons
Online Seasons game mode is accessible in FIFA 22 > ONLINE > SEASONS screen. You’ll see the following options once you’ve entered this online game mode:
This option allows you to play online matches. The following are the options available under this option:
- Search – Search for an opponent with a similar team star level and division to yours
- Change Team & Kit – Change your team & your kit
- Match Making Settings – If you need to adjust the matchmaking settings from the defaults, you can do so here. The following are the options that you can change:
- Controls – Specify controls. “Any” matches your custom settings vs any opponent. “Manual” will lock your controls and find an opponent using the same as your.
- Club Quality Matching – Turning this setting to “Restrictive” will try to find a club that exactly matches your club’s quality while.
- Club Type – When set to “Any” you will have no preferences to playing vs Club or International teams. “Match Mine” will only match up with someone that matches your choice of a Club or International team.
- Guests – “Any” sets no preference playing against a solo player, or someone with a guest. With “Match Mine” set, if you have a guest, you will only play an opponent with a guest, if you are solo, you will only play someone solo.
- Controller Settings – Change your controller settings.
- Your Team Custom – Your team management (Players, Formations, Roles, Instructions and Tactics)
Play Cup Match
Where you can play a Cup Match if available. See the the Cup Match for more details.
You may see your records (W-D-L), the amount of games left, the predicted plan, and the progress of your current division in this window. You can check your Season and Cup results if you choose this option.
Your current (FIFA 22) seasons all-time records and titles.
Leaderboards / World Table
Leaderboards for your Seasons and the world’s Top 100. The World Table displays the total number of Online Season players worldwide, as well as the breakdown by division. It also identifies which divisions get access to which Cup Matches.
Seasons mode is divided into ten divisions where you start from the bottom, the DIV 10. A win earns you 3 match points, while a draw has 1 PTS and no PTS is given for a loss. For winning the title, promotion, and holding, each division has its own set of point requirements.
Here is the list of divisions (DIV 1 to 10) including their point requirements.
||Pts to avoid Relegation
||Pts for Promotion
||Pts to Win the Title
Cup Match is an occasional knockout tournament mode inside the Seasons mode which allows you to play against other online players to win the tournament title.
Within Cup Match mode you can play different knockout tournaments when they are available and you are qualified for them.
A Cup Match starts from the Round of 16 and it gives you four matches to win the title. All of cup matches are in play-off format, which means a loss knock you out of the tournament. Here is a tournament tree of a Cup Match – The road to win the tournament title:
- Round of 16 (R16)
- Quarter-Final (QTR)
- Semi-Final (SEMI)
- Final (FINAL)
In Cup Match mode, there are four distinct tournaments to choose from. The rest of the tournaments, with the exception of the “EA Shield,” must be unlocked. To qualify for higher Cups, you must be promoted to a higher category. To find out how to unlock them, look at the list below:
||Min. Requirement / Unlock
||DIV 7 Promotion
||DIV 4 Promotion
||DIV 2 Promotion