To create a new account on Playstation 5 in order to login to PSN (PlayStation Network) you need to follow below steps:
- Select [New User] > [Create a User] or [User 1] on the PS5 Log-in screen – This creates a local user on the PS5 itself, not an account.
- Select [Next] > [New to PlayStation Network? Create an Account] > [Sign Up Now] – If you select [Skip] you can choose the avatar and name for your local user and play offline right away. Go to your avatar on the PS5 home screen to sign up for PSN later.
- Enter your details and preferences and select [Next] on each screen – If you’re under 18 when you enter your birthday, you can create a local user for offline play but will need to ask an adult to approve your child account. Do not enter false security information, doing so will breach the PSN terms of service and prevent you from recovering the account in the future.
- Create an Online ID and enter your first and last name – Your Online ID is your publicly visible name that other users on PSN will see.
- Choose your Sharing, Friends and Messages settings (three screens) – If you are under 18, account creation ends here. You can either ask an adult to sign in with their account to authorise PSN access or play offline until your account is authorised.
- Read and accept the PSN Terms of Service.
- Check your email and click the verification link – If you didn’t receive an account verification email, check the spam and junk folders – If you still can’t find the email, select [Help] to change your email address or ask us to resend the email.