FIFA 20 Seasons mode allows you to play against users online in a divisional mode, promote to higher divisions and win your division’s title. This online mode also as Cup Matches within which offer you multiplayer play-off tournaments.
What is FIFA 20 Season Mode
FIFA 20 Season mode is an online divisional game mode in FIFA 20 which allows you to play with your favourite club against other online players within your division and earn points to go promote to higher division and win the title.
Online Seasons mode in FIFA 20 offers ranked online matches and the most competitive gameplay. As you play through 10 games per season, try to earn enough points to avoid relegation and gain promotion to the next division — or even win the division title. It won’t be easy! Higher divisions mean tougher competition and promotion thresholds, so get ready for a true football challenge.
How to Play FIFA 20 Online Seasons
Online Seasons game mode is accessible in FIFA 20 > ONLINE > SEASONS screen. After entering this online game mode, you will see the following options:
You can play online matches under this option. Below are the choices you have under this option:
- Search – Search for an opponent with a similar team star level and division to yours
- Change Team & Kit – Change your team & your kit
- Match Making Settings – Define your settings for the match making in case you need to change it from the default settings. Here are the options you can modify:
- Controls – Specify controls. “Any” matches your custom settings vs any opponent. “Manual” will lock your controls and find an opponent using the same as your.
- Club Quality Matching – Turning this setting to “Restrictive” will try to find a club that exactly matches your club’s quality while.
- Club Type – When set to “Any” you will have no preferences to playing vs Club or International teams. “Match Mine” will only match up with someone that matches your choice of a Club or International team.
- Guests – “Any” sets no preference playing against a solo player, or someone with a guest. With “Match Mine” set, if you have a guest, you will only play an opponent with a guest, if you are solo, you will only play someone solo.
- Controller Settings – Change your controller settings.
- Your Team Custom – Your team management (Players, Formations, Roles, Instructions and Tactics)
Play Cup Match
Where you can play a Cup Match if available. See the the Cup Match for more details.
In this window you can see your Records (W-D-L), number of game remaining, projected plan, your current division’s progress. When you select this option, you can see your Season and Cup results.
Your current (FIFA 20) seasons all-time records and titles.
Leaderboards / World Table
Leaderboards for your Seasons and the world’s Top 100. World Table shows a total of Online Season players in the world and its breakdown for each division. It also shows which divisions unlock which Cup Matches.
Seasons mode is divided into ten divisions where you start from the bottom, the DIV 10. A win earns you 3 match points, while a draw has 1 PTS and no PTS is given for a loss. You have maximum 10 games to play for each division. Each division has its own point requirements for winning the title, promotion and holding.
Here is the list of divisions (DIV 1 to 10) including their point requirements.
|Tier||Pts to avoid Relegation||Pts for Promotion||Pts to Win the Title|
Cup Match is an occasional knockout tournament mode inside the Seasons mode which allows you to play against other online players to win the tournament title.
Within Cup Match mode you can play different knockout tournaments when they are available and you are qualified for them.
A Cup Match starts from the Round of 16 and it gives you four matches to win the title. All of cup matches are in play-off format, which means a loss knock you out of the tournament. Here is a tournament tree of a Cup Match – The road to win the tournament title:
- Round of 16 (R16)
- Quarter-Final (QTR)
- Semi-Final (SEMI)
- Final (FINAL)
There are 4 different tournaments available in Cup Match mode. Except the “EA Shield” tournament, the rest need to be unlocked. You need to be promoted to higher division to be qualified for higher Cups. See the list below to find out how to unlock them:
|Tournament||Min. Requirement / Unlock|
|EA SHIELD||DIV 10|
|EA CUP||DIV 7 Promotion|
|CONTINENTAL CUP||DIV 4 Promotion|
|PREMIER CUP||DIV 2 Promotion|