Sony has officially revealed PlayStation 5 gaming console. PS5 is scheduled to be released in late 2020.
Sony PlayStation 5 will be available in two variants, one with a disc drive, and one without. PS5 price and release date to be revealed soon.
Playstation 5 will feature the latest hardware technologies for the best gaming experience. Here is the list of featured hardware in PS5 consoles.
- CPU: AMD’s 7nm Zen 2 microarchitecture with 8 CPU (3.5 GHz)
- GPU: AMD’s RDNA 2
- Memory: 16 GB (GDDR6 SDRAM with a bandwidth of 448 GB/s)
- Storage: 500GB / 1TB SSD Storage
- 4K-compatible Ultra HD Blu-ray optical drive
- USB-A and USB-C ports
- DualSense controller
In addition to the console reveal, several additional accessories were announced including a charging station for the DualSense, , and a media remote control. The Pulse 3D is wireless headset made to take advantage of the console’s 3D audio technology.
- HD Camera
- Media Remote Control
- Pulse 3D, a wireless headset with 3D audio technology
- Charging station for the DualSense
The DualSense controller for PS5 is based on the DualShock controllers but with modifications which are a result of discussions with game designers and players, allowing for a more ergonomic design and a higher-rated battery. Here are the key features of DualSense controller:
- Two-tone colour design
- Form factor
- Light bar placement
- Haptic feedback
- Adaptive triggers
- Rechargeable battery via USB-C
- Built-in mic
- Create button
PlayStation 5 will be backward compatible with PlayStation 4 games.