The latest title update for FIFA 18 is now available for PC, Xbox One and PlayStation 4. This update includes the following change, which was made because some players were using an unintended gameplay mechanic to beat the computer on higher difficulty levels in FUT Squad Battles:
Made the following change in Gameplay:
Removed the chance for the CPU AI controlled player to receive a second yellow card when trying to push or pull an opponent, with the exception of an attacker who is through on goal and 1 on 1 with the keeper.
- This has no impact on human controlled players.
To better explain this change we wanted to provide some additional context around how the CPU team plays the game.
- The CPU plays the game as you would, limited by the same input restrictions as a human player is.
- This means that the CPU team has an active player, just like you do, which we call the CPU AI controlled player.
- A CPU AI controlled player exists in the following circumstances:
- On a team with no human players.
- For example, the CPU controlled team in Squad Battles.
- On a team with human players who are all locked to specific players, that also has CPU teammates.
- For example, a Pro Clubs team, with less than 11 human players, with no ANY player.
- A CPU AI controlled player does not exist in the following circumstances:
- On a team with human players who are not locked to specific players.
- For example, a team in FUT Champions.