The 2018 FIFA World Cup update comes to FIFA 18 as a DLC for free on May 29th 2018 and it will be available as to all FIFA 18 players on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
FIFA 18 World Cup update features 2018 World Cup game modes as well as refreshed and exclusive FIFA World Cup content for the Ultimate Team game mode.
The FIFA 18 World Cup tournament mode features all 32 licensed countries which qualified to 2018 World Cup final rounds, plus, the countries which where in qualification rounds, so you can or rewrite history with a custom tournament using non-qualified nations such as USA, Italy, Netherlands, and Chile.
The new FIFA World Cup Ultimate Team content will allow you to build your dream international squad with stars from all 32 qualified countries plus legendary World Cup ICONS. As an added bonus for FUT players, every Standard or Premium pack purchased in FIFA World Cup Ultimate will grant the equivalent pack value in FIFA 18.
The new World Cup update for FIFA 18 includes all 12 stadiums from Russia to authentic pitch environments, national team banners, and high-resolution crowds.
2018 World Cup Update for FIFA 18
2018 FIFA World Cup Russia update will be available on May 29th as a free DLC for FIFA 18 players on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, and PC.
The update will be appeared as a game title update on May 29th and all above mentioned platforms and its size is expected to be around 12GB. More details will be revealed soon.
The FIFA 18 World Cup update patch will add the following game modes to your FIFA 18 game games:
2018 FIFA World Cup Russia
You can simulate the actual 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia tournament by playing this mode and choose from any of the 32 qualified nations and play through the authentic tournament structure, from the group stage to the final in Moscow.
Custom FIFA World Cup Tournament
By playing this game mode you can a set up your custom version of the World Cup with any country in FIFA 18. Select any licensed national team in FIFA 18, including Italy, USA, Netherlands, Chile and more and bring your FIFA World Cup dreams to life by creating your own tournament draw.
FIFA World Cup Kick-Off
Like in FIFA 18 Kick-off mode, you can just jump into an offline match solo or with friends using official teams, players, kits, and authentic stadium atmospheres from the FIFA World Cup.
FIFA World Cup Ultimate Team
By playing FIFA World Cup Ultimate Team mode you can build your dream international squad with stars from all 32 qualified nations plus legendary FIFA World Cup ICONS which will be available in FUT on May 29. The FUT World Cup update will have the following features in FUT game mode.
– FIFA World Cup Ultimate Team will feature some of the most iconic players from the tournament’s history.
– Link your favorite international players; instead of clubs and leagues, nationalities and confederations will be key chemistry components to consider when building and organizing your squad.
FIFA World Cup Player Pool
– Featuring up-to-date squads from every qualified nation with refreshed ratings, [RA1] you’ll have everything you need to build your international dream squad.
– Built to match real world performance, these items will update based on the performances of players who stood out on matchday, with upgraded stats, ensuring a fresh and relevant experience for the entire tournament.
Double Pack Incentive
– For every Standard or Premium pack you purchase in FIFA World Cup Ultimate Team, you will receive equivalent pack value in FUT 18.
Ultimate Team Game Modes
– Experience several exciting ways to play with your international dream squad.
- Single Player and Online Tournament
- Single Player & Online Draft
- Squad Building Challenges
The free 2018 World Cup update for FIFA 18 provides the 12 official stadiums in Russia to your FIFA 18 game. Each stadium will be filled with the sights and sounds of the World Cup, thanks to authentic pitch environments, dressings, national team banners, and high-resolution crowds. Below is the complete list of 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia for FIFA 18:
- Saint Petersburg Stadium (Saint Petersburg) – Capacity: 67,000
- Fisht Stadium (Sochi) – Capacity: 48,000
- Ekaterinburg Arena (Ekaterinburg) – Capacity: 35,000
- Kazan Arena (Kazan) – Capacity: 45,000
- Nizhny Novgorod Stadium (Nizhny Novgorod) – Capacity: 45,000
- Rostov Arena (Rostov-On-Don) – Capacity: 45,000
- Samara Arena (Samara) – Capacity: 45,568
- Mordovia Arena (Saransk) – Capacity: 45,000
- Volgograd Arena (Volgograd) – Capacity: 45,000
- Spartak Stadium (Moscow) – Capacity: 45,000
- Kaliningrad Stadium (Kaliningrad) – Capacity: 35,000
- Luzhniki Stadium (Moscow) – Capacity: 80,000
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I download the FIFA 18 World Cup update?
The 2018 FIFA World Cup Russia update for FIFA 18 will be available from 29th of May 2018 for PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC platforms. The update will be available as a game update so it will automatically appears as a notification once it’s available.
Can I download FIFA 18 World Cup update without having FIFA 18 game on my console/PC?
No. FIFA 18 World Cup update is available for users who already purchased and installed a copy of FIFA 18 game on their console/computer.
Are FIFA 18 World Cup content for FUT tradeable?
The FIFA 18 World Cup update items for the Ultimate Team are expected to be tradeable as well. We will update this answer once more details come out.
Will FIFA 18 World Cup update disable other game modes in FIFA 18?
No, the update will add its game modes to the game.
Will FIFA 18 World Cup update features and content be available for a limited time?
The game modes, features and FUT items of FIFA 18 World Cup update will be available in FIFA 18 as long as the game’s support exists. Only some features and offers in FUT may be available for a period of time.